Tuesday 2 August 2011

2 steps forward, 3 steps back...

Just a little grumble :-(
Went out for my run on Sunday morning as planned, legs were a bit stiff and bottom of left calf round achilles was really grumbly, but hoped that it would ease itself out. It didn't!! I grouched and stressed for 9.7k and came home still with stiff achey legs...

I'm hoping that they are just more tired from my exertions in July than I think they ought to be, in my head the Lakeland Trails marathon and Clyde Stride are consigned to history, I really enjoyed both events, but they're done and so it's time to move forward. Unfortunately my body isn't keeping up with my head! Hey ho...

I'd like to say I'm a patient person by nature, and in some ways I am, but not at the moment! I've been really suffering with pains in my leg in bed and this has been disturbing my sleep so that hasn't helped my mood, but this morning I did 10 mins on the foam roller and stretching my hamstrings and calves with the resistance band and it has felt better during the day. I'm off now to do another wee session and hopefully by tomorrow will be able to get back out for a relatively pain-free run.

No comments :

Post a Comment